Co-Head of Core Strategies
Head of Fund Management Switzerland, Real Assets
- Rainer Suter is currently Co-Head of Core Strategies and Head of Fund Management for Switzerland. He also serves as a member of the Global Leadership Group at AXA IM – Real Assets.
- Most recently, Rainer was Head of Fund Management for Continental Europe.
- Prior to that, since 2008 he has been responsible for Asset Management in Germany in addition to his role in Switzerland. In 2009 he began to also head the regulated fund management business.
- Rainer Suter joined AXA IM - Real Assets in 2007 when Winterthur Insurance Group, where he was Head of Asset Management, was integrated into AXA IM - Real Assets.
- He has more than 20 years of experience in the real estate industry.
- Rainer Suter graduated from the University of St. Gallen (HSG) in 1992 with a Master of Business Administration (lic.oec.) specialising in Finance and Accounting. In 1995, he graduated as Dr.oec. with a thesis on real estate investment behaviour of Swiss institutional investors (“magna cum laude”).
- Since 2004 he is also a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRCIS).